This assignment is for SmartZena only Thank you
Please address a 2 -2.5 page(s) discussion citing the references below including references page in APA format. Note: Please use only references that have been provided and if you must w/in the last 5 years relevant to topic. Please address it from an informatics nursing view.
Effective leaders have a high degree of self-awareness and know how to leverage their strengths in the workplace. Assessments are a valuable tool that professionals can use to learn more about themselves and consider how their temperament and preferences influence their interactions with others.
To further your self-knowledge, you are required to complete the Kiersey Temperament Sorter and the DiSC assessment, as indicated in this week’s Learning Resources. In addition, you are encouraged to take.
As you engage in this learning process, it is important to remember that everyone—regardless of temperament type or related preferences—experiences some challenges with regard to leadership. The key to success is being able to recognize and leverage your own strengths while honoring differences among your colleagues.
Note: My leadership style is “Democratic Leader” who offers constructive feedback and once in while I can be a situational leadership but I still allow others to provide input.
Also, my Kiersey Temperament is…is stated below
Guardians (SJ’s) are the cornerstone of society, for they are the temperament given to serving and preserving our most important social institutions. Guardians have natural talent in managing goods and services–from supervision to maintenance and supply — and they use all their skills to keep things running smoothly in their families, communities, schools, churches, hospitals, and businesses.
Guardians can have a lot of fun with their friends, but they are quite serious about their duties and responsibilities. Guardians take pride in being dependable and trustworthy; if there’s a job to be done, they can be counted on to put their shoulder to the wheel. Guardians also believe in law and order, and sometimes worry that respect for authority, even a fundamental sense of right and wrong, is being lost. Perhaps this is why Guardians honor customs and traditions so strongly — they are familiar patterns that help bring stability to our modern, fast-paced world.
Practical and down-to-earth, Guardians believe in following the rules and cooperating with others. They are not very comfortable winging it or blazing new trails; working steadily within the system is the Guardian way, for in the long run loyalty, discipline, and teamwork get the job done right. Guardians are meticulous about schedules and have a sharp eye for proper procedures. They are cautious about change, even though they know that change can be healthy for an institution. Better to go slowly, they say, and look before you leap.
Guardians make up as much as 40 to 45 percent of the population, and a good thing, because they usually end up doing all the indispensable but thankless jobs everyone else takes for granted.
On the job, you seem to innately understand how to create smooth, working processes in your environment. You can excel at directing others to fulfill their duties. In your ideal workplace, you and your colleagues would know what is expected of you and be predictably rewarded for meeting these expectations.
- Review the results of your leadership style inventories. Save a copy of your results for future reference. In addition, you are encouraged to complete additional assessments.
- What aspects of your results surprised you? What aspects of your results were as you might have expected?
- Think about the leadership example(s) you identified in the Discussion, your assessment results, and the information presented in this week’s Learning Resources. Have they helped you to form a more comprehensive view of yourself as a leader? What insights have arisen with regard to:
o How you, personally, evaluate leadership effectiveness
o Your own leadership style, preferences, and strengths
o Potential challenges or areas in which you need to strengthen your leadership skills and competencies
- Begin to create a plan for maximizing your strengths as a leader and neutralizing your weaknesses.
Write a 2 -2.5-pagespaper that addresses the following:
- Summarize your leadership style, including your strengths for leading others. Refer to specific information from your inventory results, as well as insights gained from the Learning Resources and any research you completed on your own.
- Describe potential challenges that you have experienced in the past or could foresee related to your leadership style.
- Explain how you plan to improve your leadership competencies and effectiveness. Be specific in terms of your goals and plans related to your personal leadership development.
- Azaare, J., & Gross, J. (2011). The nature of leadership style in nursing management. British Journal of Nursing, 20(11), 672–676, 678–680.The authors examine the different styles of leadership that nurse managers use and discusses how staff nurses in their study preferred managers who use a proactive, articulate, and independent leadership style.
- Christmas, K. (2009). 2009: The year of positive leadership. Nursing Economic$, 27(2), 128–133.
In this article, the author discusses a shift in nurse management style. The former style of control and command has been replaced with a participatory style that includes mentoring and coaching.
- Kouzes, J. M., & Posner, B. Z. (2009). To lead, create a shared vision. Harvard Business Review, 87(1), 20–21.
click here for more information on this paperThis articleLeadership Style InventoryNote: This assignment is for SmartZena only Thank you Please address a 2 -2.5 page(s) discussion citing the references below including references page in APA format. Note: Please use only references that have been provided and if you must w/in the last 5 years relevant to topic. Please address it from an informatics nursing view.Effective leaders have a high degree of self-awareness and know how to leverage their strengths in the workplace. Assessments are a valuable tool that professionals can use to learn more about themselves and consider how their temperament and preferences influence their interactions with others.To further your self-knowledge, you are required to complete the Kiersey