- Review the information in Figure 6-2 in Nursing Informatics and the Foundation of Knowledge.
- Develop a clinical question related to your area of practice that you would like to explore.
- Consider what you currently know about this topic. What additional information would you need to answer the question?
- Using the continuum of data, information, knowledge, and wisdom, determine how you would go about researching your question.
- Explore the available databases in the Walden Library. Identify which of these databases you would use to find the information or data you need.
- Once you have identified useful databases, how would you go about finding the most relevant articles and information?
- Consider how you would extract the relevant information from the articles.
- How would you take the information and organize it in a way that was useful? How could you take the step from simply having useful knowledge to gaining wisdom?