Nurse’s Role in Influencing the Legislative Process
In a Microsoft Word document of 2-3 pages formatted in APA style, you will answer three questions related to your opportunity as a nurse and an advocate. The first two questions relate to influencing a bill that is traveling through the legislative process. The third question refers you to the social determinants of health and asks you to think specifically on your role as a nurse in influencing social determinants of health.
Answer the following questions:
- What parts of the lawmaking process does a nurse have an opportunity to influence the final bill passage?
- List at least two ways that this influence can take place. In your opinion, would one way be preferable over the other?
- Reviewing the social determinants of health, select one to respond to this question:
- What role can nurses play in promoting health status through policy changes directly affecting this social determinant?
Write each question as a new topic area and then follow with a paragraph or two to answer the question. You may find it necessary to search for answers to the questions outside of the assigned reading.
On a separate reference page, cite all sources using APA format. Please note that the title and reference pages should not be included in the total page count of your paper.
- Use this APA Citation Helper as a convenient reference for properly citing resources.
- This handout will provide you the details of formatting your essay using APA style.
- You may create your essay in this APA-formatted template.
- Name your document SU_NSG4068_W2_Project_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.